GOtv Nigeria and the DStv pay television network are both owned by Multichoice. The main distinction between DStv and GOtv is that DSTV is satellite-based, whereas GOtv employs DVB-T2, a new digital terrestrial broadcasting technology.
GoTV is Nigeria’s fastest-growing pay-TV decoder. There are several reasons for this, including the fact that GoTV is inexpensive and simple to set up. GoTV offers a variety of subscription packages, each with its unique set of stations. With over 50 stations to choose from, you can find something to fit your tastes.
Are you trying to switch your GoTv package? This article will walk you through switching from one package to another. We’ll also discuss other things you need to know about GoTV package options.
Why Switch To A New Package?
There are a variety of reasons why you might need to switch your GoTV package from one to another. For one thing, your existing GoTV package may no longer fit your current demands in terms of the amount and diversity of channels you can watch, so you may wish to upgrade.
On the other hand, you might want to change your Gotv package because you can no longer afford a certain bundle or because you’ve discovered that you don’t require as many channels as you once did and want to downscale. You can upgrade or downgrade your Gotv package to match your current needs at your leisure and through a variety of methods, depending on which of these you wish to accomplish.
Gotv Subscription Packages
GOtv’s subscription plans and bundles have recently been changed. GOtv Plus and GOtv Value have been phased out in favor of two new subscription plans, GOtv Jolli and GOtv Jinja. Currently, Gotv offers 4 major packages:
- GOtvMax Package: N3,600 per month
- GOtvJolli Package:N2,460 per month
- GOtvJinja Package: N1,640 per month
- GOtvSmallie Package: N800 per month
Before switching your GOtv package, here’s what you should know.
The processes for upgrading or downgrading your Gotv package are the same as for subscribing to one. You must, however, wait for your current subscription to expire before changing, upgrading, or downgrading your subscription package. You can switch your subscription manually by calling a Gotv customer service agent for assistance. The following is a list of ways to contact GOtv customer service representatives:
- 012703232 is the phone number.
- @gotvng on Twitter (https://twitter.com/gotvng).
- GOtvNg may be found on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GOtvNg.
Guide On Switching Your GOTV Package
There are various methods via which you can switch your GOTV plan, they are all discussed below;
- GOTV Website
The Gotv website is the most popular and convenient option to upgrade from your current GOtv bundle.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Log in to the Gotv website at https://eazy.Gotvafrica.com using an internet-connected device.
- After clicking Login, enter your IUC (Unique Identification Number) and phone number assigned to your decoder.
- From your dashboard, choose “create a package.”
- Choose whether you want to downgrade or upgrade your package, then click “next.”
- To make a payment, click the Pay button.
- Choose your preferred method of GOtv for payment.
- Fill in the blanks with your information
- Complete payment
- Allow for the activation of your new package.
If the Gotv website method is too time consuming, you can switch your subscription plan using the Quickteller method. This method, you’ll use Quickteller to pay for the new GOtv subscription, then call GOtv Customer Care at 012703232 for assistance with the rest of the process.
Here’s how to utilize Quickteller to upgrade or decrease your GOtv package step by step:
- Turn your GoTv decoder on.
- Using an internet-connected device, go to the Quickteller Gotv subscription page.
- From the selections in the drop-down menu, choose the Gotv bundle you desire.
- Enter the IUC number of your decoder (Unique Identification Number)
- Click ‘Continue’ after entering your email address and mobile phone number.
- Fill in your information after selecting your debit card type.
- Wait for your subscription to reflect in your decoder
- GOTV Mobile App
You can upgrade or downgrade your GOtv package using the GOtv mobile app. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Google Play Store and download the GoTV Mobile App. If you use an iPhone, download from the Apple App Store
- If you haven’t done so already, open the app and register.
- Please select a category.
- Select ‘Pay bills’ from the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Cable TV Bills.”
- Choose GoTV and a bundle that suits your needs.
- Click Next after entering your IUC number.
- Enter your debit card information and press the “Pay” button.
- Manual Process
You can switch your GOtv bundle by calling Gotv Customer Service. GoTV Nigeria’s customer service number is 012703232, and you may contact them online through their social media sites.
- Twitter account for GoTv: https://twitter.com/gotvng
- Facebook account for GOtvNg: https://www.facebook.com/GOtvNg
Which GoTV Package Is The Best?
GoTV MAX, as you may have figured, is the best GOTV package. It is also the most expensive GoTV bundle available. All of the GoTV channels are included in this package. The number of GoTV channels available in this package has reached the maximum hence the name GOTV MAX. This package is for you if you want everything and don’t want to miss out on anything.
You’ll discover documentaries, commercials, kid’s shows, music, movie channels, and much more in this package. The GoTV Max Package costs 3600 Naira a month and gives you access to a whopping 90 channels.
In this article, I’ve explained the step-by-step guide to changing, upgrading, or downgrading your GoTV package. You can switch your Gotv subscription plan from the comfort of your own home by using the Gotv mobile app, website, Quickteller, or calling the Gotv customer service number.